Soccer team dinner.
This is a really funny article. Borger: GOP faces choice between purity and new ideas – CNN.com. The advice to Republicans in this column is to be more like Democrats. Which is really funny when you contrast this statement against the last 8 years.
Because when you spend all of your time in the opposition, railing against the other party, people will never quite know what you stand for. The temptation to do it is immense, of course — particularly since the Republicans seem fresh out of new ideas.
The advice is to present new Ideas instead of railing against the other party? When did the Democrats follow that advise? Give me a break. If Republicans want to ever win again, they need to be the Ronald Reagan conservatives that they once were.
My disappointment with the results of the Presidential Election this year made me sit down and reflect on what I believe with respect to my Country, Government and life in general. I am going to make an attempt to explain these beliefs and how they build on each other.
- I am a Christian. I believe that there is one God who created the universe and all that is within it.
- I believe that God created human beings to be free. Free from slavery to others and free to choose to worship God or not.
- I believe that our founding fathers were correct when they declared that we “are endowed by our Creator” with the right to “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.”
- I believe that our Government exists to “establish justice, ensure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare and ensure the blessings of liberty.”
- I believe that property belongs to the people who earn it, that includes money.
- I believe that Government has the responsibility to be good stewards of the money given to it by the Citizens.
- I believe that a Strong Defense is a vital responsibility of the Government
- I believe the responsibility of taking care of the poor, disabled and otherwise in need, lies with the people, not the government.
- I believe in the American people. That given the opportunity, people will do the right thing.
- I believe evil does exist in the world and we have the responsibility to aggressively attack and defeat evil.
- I believe that the United States is the greatest force for good in the world today.
- I believe the American People are great because they are free.
- I believe there is a difference between Freedom and Hedonism.
Congratulations to President-elect Obama. I will pray for you and our country. I will support you when I believe you are correct. I will attempt to persuade you when you have an open mind. I will respectfully disagree with you when I think you are wrong. I believe that is my duty as a citizen of the greatest country in the world, the United States of America.