Boy, I have been away from this for a long time, but I finally found something that has dragged me right back into this. This article is so “stuck on stupid” is borders on scary.
The first and most important characteristic the author overlooks is that Mr. Roland actually has the freedom to write what he wrote. If the USA was a fascist nation he would probably not be alive today. Fascist nations are not as tolerant of dissent as the USA is.
1. Powerful and Continuing Nationalism – from Wikipedia “Nationalism is an ideology that holds that a nation is the fundamental unit for human social life, and takes precedence over any other social and political principles.” Anyone who really honestly looks at the United States can see Freedom of the individual is the fundamental unit for human social life.
2. Disdain for the Recognition of Human Rights – This is just flat out laughable. We are fighting an enemy who beheads people to make “statements” and the USA disdains recognition of human rights because we make some prisoners listen to Britney Spears.
3. Identification of Enemies/Scapegoats as a Unifying Cause – Hmmm, isn’t this what the left have done with George W. Bush?
4. Supremacy of the Military – This is not worthy of comment.
5. Rampant Sexism – I love it when the left just makes stuff up.
6. Controlled Mass Media – Oh yeah, the New York Times and Washington Post are government controlled. How many secret government programs have been exposed through the New York Times again?
7. Obsession with National Security – This is not worthy of comment.
8. Religion and Government are Intertwined – My rolling eyes say enough.
9. Corporate Power is Protected – Ask Ford and GM how much protection they get from the government to keep their labor costs under control.
10. Labor Power is Suppressed – US Labor Unions have been their own worst enemy.
11. Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts – This one might be true, If the “intellectual” position is that the USA is a Fascist nation, then I certainly have disdain for intellectuals.
12. Obsession with Crime and Punishment – So if Democrats were to win back Congress in 2006, President Bush would not be impeached?
13. Rampant Cronyism and Corruption – This one is not worthy of comment.
14. Fraudulent Elections – This is a failure of the Left to actually admit defeat.
I realize this won’t convince anyone who actually believes that the US is a Fascist nation that it really is not, but there is no hope for them because they are permanently Stuck on Stupid.